Sardinian pizza with pane carasau
- Pane carasau, 8 sheets
- Rosemary, 3 sprigs
- Pomodoro tomato sauce 300-400 ml
- Finely chopped shallots, 4
- Garlic, 1 clove
- Pak choi, 5-6 leaves
- Chilli, to taste
- Oregano, 10 gr.
- Organic peretta cow cheese, cut into small pieces, 150gr
- Organic sheep aged ricotta, cut into small pieces, 150gr
- Grated organic pecorino sardo cheese, 80 gr
- Goat’s blue cheese “Crablu”, 80gr
- Add some extra virgin olive oil to a frying pan.
- Add shallots and garlic to the pan and fry until soft
- Add pak choi and spread some Sardinian organic chilli Cayenna and salt.
- Cook till the onions and pak choi are soft. Leave to rest.
- Start preparing the carasau bread by adding a pinch of salt, ground black pepper and rosemary to warm water.
- In the meantime warm up the tomato sauce.
- Lower the first sheet of carasau bread just for few seconds to soften the bread and transfer it to a plate.
- Repeat it till you have a round pizza-shape made with the carasau bread.
- Spread the tomato sauce on top and add the shallots and pak choi sauce, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Grate the pecorino sardo and add it along with the peretta and ricotta cheese cut in small pieces.
- Wet the second sheet and place it on top to the first one. Add the sauce and the 3 cheeses and finish it with Sardinian organic wild oregano, a few chunks of blue goat’s cheese “crablu” and black pepper.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 5-8 minutes until the cheese has melted and the bread is crispy.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle with Accademia Olearia “Novello” extra virgin olive oil, serve and enjoy it!