Sardinia has a great salami making tradition and cured sausages are considered the ultimate Sardinian cured meat product. Our delicious range of cured hams made from fresh, firm and top quality pork meat is a quintessential Sardinian cured meat.
All our meat products are gluten and lactose free.
- Our Coppa is cured for at least 4/6 months. Seasoned, with salt, local spices, cinnamon and ground pepper and marinated in Malvasia wine.
- This smoked version of coppa ham is brined for two weeks before aging. During aging, the meat is smoked, with the fumes being flavoured with traditional Sardinian herbs and spices to give the Coppa an incredible aroma. Aged for 4 - 6 months.
- Cured Ham is aged 18/24 months, using the back leg of the hog, marinated in white wine Nuragus, salt, garlic, black and green peppercorn, salted and massaged by hand.
- Speck is made from high quality meat that is brined for two weeks before it is seasoned in Mediterranean herbs and aromatic spices, and then aged and smoked. Aged 3-4 months.
- Mustela is prepared loin of pork, flavoured and washed in white wine and left salting for several days, and matured naturally for 2/3 months. It is a traditional lean and tender salami; slightly peppery, with a colour ranging from pink to bright red when cut. Delicate smell, good flavour and sweet taste.
The producer of these products is located a few kilometers away from “Altopiano della Giara” and is rooted in a strong family tradition. For over 50 years Paolo and his brothers have been making salami and sausages with ancient local recipes, which they have carefully guarded. The company, which is still a small family business even today, sells its artisan products in the local butcher in their old town.